WOW “Pink Power” Luncheon Supports Breast Cancer Awareness Oct. 7; St. Joseph Medical Center Hosts Physician Panel on Breast Health
Five leading physicians specializing in women’s breast health will participate in a panel discussion on the latest information about prevention of and therapies for breast cancer at the Women of Wellness (WOW) “Pink Power” Luncheon on Friday, Oct. 7, hosted by St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC.)
WOW is a health and social program to empower women as healthcare consumers by providing educational information and social events that celebrate women’s roles in their own wellness.
Luncheon tickets cost $10 and proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen® Houston. Attendees are encouraged to wear pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and to ask questions of the physician panelists affiliated with SJMC including:
- Elizabeth Bonefas, M.D., a board-certified general surgeon who specializes in diseases of the breast;
- Cara Downey, M.D., a board-certified plastic surgeon focused on areas of “DIEP” reconstruction for breast cancer;
- Daisha Hayden, M.D., a board-certified radiologist using the latest therapies;
- Sanjay C. Mehta, M.D., a board-certified radiation oncologist providing IMRT and IGRT therapies; and
- Bruce Smith, M.D., a board-certified plastic surgeon, will moderate the panel.
The event begins with a health expo at 11 a.m. and the lunch program is from 12 – 2 p.m. and takes place at the George W. Strake Building, 9th floor Auditorium at 1919 LaBranch St. Free valet parking is available at the St. Joseph Pavilion or attendees can self-park in the West Garage located across from the Pavilion.
Membership in WOW is free and open to all women. For luncheon tickets or membership information, visit sjmctx.com/wow or call 713-756-5051.