Visitor Information & Hours
St. Joseph Medical Center welcomes families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital. We understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care. We are located at 1401 St. Joseph Pkwy., Houston, TX 77002 and our main number is 713-757-1000.
The hospital provides spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas throughout the facility. On-site dining options include the St. Joseph Cafeteria and Joe's Cafe. The location and hours for both establishments are listed below.
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the United States, St. Joseph Medical Center is fully prepared to care for our patients and our community. We are here, as always, to serve all patients. Our commitment to providing care for the ongoing health and well-being of our community is vital, particularly in times like these.
Due to current COVID-19 precautions, visitor restrictions are currently in effect.
Effective Wednesday, December 2, 2020:
At this time, we will only allow visitors in the following areas. Patients in these areas will be allowed only one (1) visitor age 18 and older.
- Women’s Center (Labor & Delivery and Postpartum) - Laboring mothers or mother/baby may have one (1) support person with them throughout their hospital stay.
- End of Life Circumstances
- Emergency Department
Regular Visiting Hours - DOES NOT CURRENTLY APPLY DUE TO COVID-19 RESTIRCTIONS
- General Care: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Intensive Care Unit: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. & 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Behavioral Medicine: Monday – Friday, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Weekends 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Medical Psychiatry Unit: Monday – Friday, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Weekends, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Labor & Delivery: 24 Hours
- Ante Partum / Post Partum: 24 Hours
Our Concierge Staff are stationed at each point of entry and are available throughout the hospital to serve you. From helping you find your way around the hospital to locating nearby amenities or coordinating in-town transportation (limo, taxi, or shuttle), we are here to help.
Valet parking is available Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the St. Joseph Pavilion located at the corner of St. Joseph Parkway and La Branch Street for a maximum charge of $8 per day.
Additional parking is available in the:
- West Garage (Entrance on the left off St. Joseph Parkway)
- Susan K. Strake Parking Garage (Entrance on Crawford St.)
- Metered parking spots are available on the street level.
Parking fees are charged at each location.
St. Joseph Cafeteria
Located on the Ground Floor of the George W. Strake Building. Regular offerings include hot entrees, a grill, salad bar, made to order sandwiches, desserts and much more
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Grab & Go Items: 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Located on the Ground Floor of the Pavilion and offers snacks, beverages, pre-made sandwiches, soups, as well as breakfast and pastry items.
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
We have one Gift Shop for your shopping convenience. Located on the Ground Floor of the George W. Strake Building.
The gift shop provides an assortment of novelty items, flowers, jewelry, greeting cards, magazines and snacks at both locations.
George W. Strake Building Gift Shop
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Women’s Building Gift Shop
- Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Our interfaith approach to spiritual care serves the unique needs of patients, family members and staff of the healthcare community. Spiritual Care Services focus on supporting the deeper spiritual meaning and understanding of suffering, sickness, health, and wellness.
Spiritual support is provided by chaplains and professional individuals who understand and are sensitive to the varied cultural backgrounds of our patients. For assistance from the Spiritual Care Services Department, call 713-756-5306
The Harry S. & Isabel C. Cameron Memorial Chapel is located on the 2nd floor of the Pavilion and welcomes all patients, families and visitors regardless of religious affiliation – for personal prayer, meditation and solace.
Mass is celebrated in the Chapel at the following times and may can be viewed on Channel 16:
- Monday – Friday: 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m.
We offer an array of spiritual support services to patients, families and visitors:
- Patient visitation
- Spiritual and emotional support to patients and family members
- Ministry to staff
- Morning and evening prayer is offered over the public address system
- Catholic Mass, Communion Services and other seasonal worship services
- Anointing of the Sick, Reconciliation and Communion are available upon request
- Special services are conducted in accordance with the seasonal calendar
- St. Joseph Medical Center’s Spiritual Care Services is committed to seeing that your faith, beliefs and values are honored while you are here and to provide you with excellent and compassionate care.