1401 St. Joseph Parkway
Houston, TX 77002
Diagnostic Imaging Services & Procedure Planning
Along with the confidence that comes from knowing that your medical team is equipped with the diagnostic tools required to provide better care for you, our investment in technology means you’ll benefit from quicker, more comfortable procedures.
Our Imaging department includes some of the most advanced medical equipment in use today. In addition, all of our systems are digital, enabling us to provide higher quality images and faster retrieval. With our board-certified radiologists and experienced technicians making use of these sophisticated technologies, our capabilities translate into services for you that are second to none.
Advanced Imaging Services
- 64-slice CT Scanner
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Nuclear Medicine
- General X-ray
- Radiographic/Fluoroscopic (R&F) Unit
- Digital Mammography
- PET Scanner
We also offer:
- Easy and flexible scheduling, including some walk-in appointments
- Valet parking at our Pavilion. (Maximum charge of $8 per day.)
- Convenient parking garages, close to our Registration and Imaging Departments
- Comfortable waiting areas
- Prompt delivery of test results
Preparing For Your Procedure
If you have a scheduled appointment, please discuss the procedure and any special instructions with your doctor before you arrive. If a test is ordered while you are a patient at the hospital, your physician, nurse, or technician can explain the procedure and answer any questions you have.
These general guidelines will help you prepare for and stay comfortable during your procedure:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. Don’t wear items containing metal. You may be asked to change into a hospital gown. In some cases, you may be asked to remove jewelry, watches, hairpins, eyeglasses or dentures.
- Some tests require that you go without eating or drinking for a specified time beforehand. Be sure to ask your doctor about this at least 24 hours before your procedure.
- Tell your technologist if there is any chance you may be pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your technologist if you are allergic to shellfish or iodine.
- Some procedures require you to remain still for a period of time. Your technologist will explain what you need to do for a successful procedure.
Schedule Your Screening Mammogram Online
You can increase your chances for early detection of breast cancer by having a clinical breast exam conducted by a healthcare professional every year. At St. Joseph Medical Center you can schedule your screening mammogram online.